It’s a new year and I’m feeling a bit like a walking cliché: over-indulged during the holiday season and now I’m going through my healthy cookbooks and removing that thick layer of dust that’s on my juicer.
I did pretty poor on my resolutions in 2012, so I won’t make any new ones next year except try to bake more. I’d also like to make a real effort in getting more meals to the table and relying less on lunches from the cafeteria. I’ve only made a few freezable meals so I’m on the lookout for recipes. If you have any good ones, please send them my way.
Things that happened in 2012
- I tried new things this year: pasta, gnocchi and gardening
- I was featured in the National Post as one of Canada’s top food bloggers.
- I met someone who was instrumental in changing the course of my life.
- I was lucky enough to have good friends who are willing to dress up silly for the parties I throw.
- I travelled around Australia fulfilling a dream of mine since I was 21.
- I finally created a Facebook page. I’m touched by all those that have joined…I really didn’t think I’d get more than 5 likes.
When I made this blog, it was just my little outlet that I was too shy to tell others about. It’s been 5 years since I’ve been blogging and I’m thankful for all the opportunities I’ve received and for everyone that visits.
Here’s hoping to a fantastic 2013!by